Our client is a Global broking house is on the lookout for Senior Claims Executive / Claims Manager to be based in Singapore.
- Prepare, assess, evaluate and initiate all commercial claims, (except cargo claims), arising from charter parties for the employment of all operated oil tankers, traded in the international tanker market.
- Monitor Time-Bar Status to ensure prompt, timely issuance of all commercial claims.
- Monitor receipts of port disbursement accounts (D/A), and other expense vouchers, and pursue D/As which are at risk of arriving too late for re-billing deadlines.
- Assemble and review voyage documentation and governing charter party with respect to port expenses, demurrage and other commercial claims.
- Follow up with Charterers/Owners on unsettled claims and unresolved disputes.
- Work as otherwise required within the Commercial Operations Department.
- Knowledge of Softmar will be of advantage but not essential
- Work closely with operations department to ensure accurate TCE
- Successful candidate should be able to work independently or with minimum supervision
- Check all owner’s claims and provide advisory services when require
- Ensure all owner’s claims are promptly sent within time bar
- Degree/Diploma in relevant discipline
- Experienced in working with and managing a large team
- Experienced with the standard charter parties applications
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in post fixture with ship owners/charterers
Visit www.directsearchasia.com/vacancies and follow us on LinkedIn for more information and opportunities
Registration No: 201425475W
EA License No: 14C7312