This is a terrific opportunity for an existing senior fleet manager to take on a role with a long established and current expanding capesize owner in Cyprus.
The activities associated with the position will include the following:
- Overall management responsibility for the technical management of the company's large fleet of capesize vessels
- Overall management of team of three technical teams and direct line report for the company's fleet managers and technical superintendents
- Liaison with clients and company stakeholders
- Overall budgetary and reporting control for technical management
- Manage Internal and external technical reporting
- Overall responsibility for insurance matters
- Overall fleet performance management
- Work with other vessel management departments including marine and HSE to ensure safe vessel operations
- International travel required
The person should:
- Have previous senior technical management experience
- Experience in the dry bulk sector would be an advantage
- Strong and demonstrable performance management track record is essential
- Excellent knowledge of management organizational systems
- Excellent personnel management & change management experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Our client is targeting new business opportunities and is in an expansion phase, experience working in a fast-moving environment is essential.
In return you can expect a great career with an established shipowner as they expand and develop their international business. You can also expect an excellent compensation package.