Senior Property Manager
This position is primarily responsible for the oversight of 1 Million square feet of Real Estate in the New Haven area of Connecticut.
This role reports to the Senior Vice President of Property Management (SVP/PM) but also involves working with all senior management.
- Maintain optimal operating performance of the property portfolio while also focusing on cost-savings opportunities
- Personnel management, coordination, and training to ensure maximum utilization of all team resources
- Work with SVP/PM and senior management to determine and achieve corporate objectives
- Building oversight - property maintenance, safety and security, budget adherence, utility tracking and monthly financial reporting
- Responsible for vendor including bidding, selection, insurance compliance, and oversight
- Utilize market/industry benchmarks to support property decisions and achieve operational goals
- Work with lease administration to ensure correct building and tenant square footage and maintain updated floor plans
- Work with Accounting on tenant and property budgets (prepare and tracking), monthly financial reporting and A/R
- Support and facilitate property audits/lender and investor walk through.
- Report all insurance claims to the SVP/PM and coordinate with Compliance Administrator and Insurance agent
- Coordinate with Construction Management on construction work or work directly with tenant (self performed)
Tenant Management/Leasing Support
- Tenant relations - communicate terms of services, coordinate tenant events, complaint resolution, move in/move out
- Coordinate tenant services performed in each building, coordinate tenant billings (as applicable)
- Leases - operational understanding of executed leases and review draft leases to ensure building specification accuracy
- Work with SVP – Leasing on providing marketing/lease showings and tenant relations support
- Communicate and implement corporate, department, and property objectives, policies, and procedures with the team
- Provide SVP/PM with assessment and recommendations regarding team structure and individual personnel
- Hold regular team meetings to communicate goals, progress toward goals, and identify actions to achieve objectives
- Monitor individual team member performance, provide timely & constructive feedback, mid-year/year end reviews
- Identify existing and potential barriers to achieving property objectives and work to develop solutions
- Seek out and utilize available internal/external resources and company team members to meet goals and objectives
- Implement procedures for settling tenant complaints and achieving potential solutions
- Supervise tenant construction and remain aware of all ongoing space alterations. Support both lender and insurance inspection/review/sign off as required
- Work with SVP/PM to provide feedback on team performance, issues and recommendation, review property portfolio performance and conduct market surveys and coordinate with bidding contracts
Directly supervise employees in the New Haven, CT Property Management office. Responsibilities include carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws interviewing, hiring/replacement recommendations, employee training, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
This position requires the following attributes:
- Judgment – Ability to make timely decisions based on sound and supportable judgment. Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Plans for additional resources. Sets goals and objectives. Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks. Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats all others with respect; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals and communicates effectively.
- Initiative - Takes independent actions and calculated risks. Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness. Generates ideas and suggestions for improving work. Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university and six to ten years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master Degree preferred.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and communicate effectively via email to both internal and external customers.
To perform this job successfully, this individual should have knowledge of Real Estate Accounting software, i.e., Yardi, MRI, etc. and a strong Excel skill set.