JOB TITLE Senior Tanker Analyst
REPORTING Head of Research
Our client is one of the largest privately owned shipbroking companies in the world.
With offices internationally, our client offers global coverage and its highly experienced and focused teams provide professional brokerage services across all major commercial shipping sectors.
Activities include New-Building Contracting, Sale & Purchase, Dry Cargo Chartering, FFA Trading, Tanker Projects, Valuations and Research & Consultancy.
Working closely with the Head of Research in supporting the broking business globally, we are looking for an experienced Tanker Analyst to join the Research & Consultancy Department in London.
The role involves;
- Collecting, sorting, analysing sector related data/information, constructing supply & demand models, interpreting and presenting the results of the analysis in a clear and concise way;
- Identifying short term market movers as well as long-term trends and incorporate these into the analysis;
- Communication of clients' market view with brokers and clients through reports, regular briefings/newsletters, presentations, conference calls, email and via social media as required;
- Detailed understanding of the Oil & Gas sector as well as the Crude Oil and Oil Products Tanker markets;
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Tanker Analyst, (more is a plus);
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (writing, presentations and public speaking);
- Basic understanding of other conventional shipping sectors including Dry Bulk and Containerships;
- Experience in MS Office applications particularly in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access. (Experience in Thomson Reuters Eikonis a plus);
- Graduate/Post-Graduate degree, preferably in a Maritime/Energy sector related course;
- Efficient, accurate and be able to meet deadlines within time restraints;