VP of Terminal Operations - New York City metro area
- Provide Company-wide leadership through active participation on the Company executive team and by sponsoring and/or leading efforts to meet the Company’s objectives
- Partner with Company executives and division leaders to develop and implement strategies that will ensure optimal performance of all Maritime businesses.
- Continually monitor division performance and modify direction as business needs change.
- Provide strategic direction at the executive level to support well informed decision making.
- Introduce and lead implementation of innovative strategies, structures and processes that engender excellent performance, collaboration, development and accountability.
- Provide leadership, strategic direction and oversight in the management of the Maritime Division.
- Provide management and leadership to staff. Effectively coach and mentor staff, communicate decisions and give direction within the division to champion Company values, goals, strategies and objectives.
- Direct and oversee the development of innovative marketing strategies to promote the use of port and properties.
- Serve as a Port representative with external organizations including executives, elected officials and staff from Port districts, local, state, national and federal agencies on topics of common interest related to the Maritime industry and that benefit the Port. Will foster these relationships to stay informed on all aspects of the maritime industry that affect the Port.
- Foster positive working relationships with Port tenants as well as the community.
- Bachelor Degree in Business or Maritime studies, MBA preferred but not required
- 10+ years of management experience with an intermodal terminal, stevedoring agency, chartering / brokerage firm or Port Authority
- Must have industry experience in the transportation and storage of liquid bulk, dry bulk and project cargo
- Strong exposure and knowledge of the maritime, trucking and rail transportation industry
- History of growing terminal revenue by creative measures of gaining business
- Good network of existing ship and cargo owner contacts to call on
- Excellent overall operational knowledge of personnel duties of a multipurpose terminal
- In-depth knowledge of the Maritime/Cargo industry
- In depth understanding of Maritime customers’ business needs and motivations.
- Knowledge of labor relations
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of local, regional, state and federal government policies and administrative bodies, politics, and procedures, especially as related to maritime issues, environmental issues, and community issues