Our client is a well known bulk carrier ship owner that is on the lookout for a Ship Manager for their office in Singapore.
- In charge of the operations and budget for the assigned bulk carriers
- Responsible for dry-docking, repairs and conversions of designated ships and ensuring the drydock specification database is maintained up to date.
- Maintain a good contact and liaise with charterers to ensure assigned vessels to comply with charter party requirements, operations in safety and efficient.
- Ensure designated ships always remain ‘in class’ and meet Flag State requirements for trading on the vessels designated trading route.
- Maintain a close relationship with Class and Flag representatives plus main service and repair contractors.
- Assist the Fleet Manager and/or Director on various company projects when required.
- Organise shipboard internal and external ISM/ISPS Audits to comply with regulations.
- Managing Charterers demurrage and operations’ claims. Keeping designated ships fully informed of anything which might affect the vessels safe operation.
- Keep abreast of new legislation and ensure that vessels are prepared accordingly and that ships crews are suitably informed.
- COC Class 1 Engineering or equivalent
- At least 5 years of onshore relevant experince, preferably managing dry bulk and/or multipurpose vessels
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to engage stakeholders of all levels
Visit www.directsearchasia.com/vacancies and follow us on LinkedIn for more information and opportunities
Registration No: 201425475W
EA License No: 14C7312