Our client is currently searching for a Shipyard Project Manager.
- Manage a ship, tug, dredge, ferry, or barge overhaul and repair projectÂ
- TrackÂ budget, performance,Â schedules, and identifyÂ and resolveÂ problems and issues as they ariseÂ
- MaintainÂ customer interfaceÂ and responsibility for the overall project success
- College degree in a technical or managerial discipline
- Contract Administration experience
- 5 years experience either in a shipyard or on a ship as an officer, port engineer or repair supervisor or 5 years as a construction supervisor for large (over $1.0 mil each) projects.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Project (and/or Primevara), Powerpoint and Microsoft Word. A knowledge of Deltek would be a plus.
- Excellent written and communications skills (please submit samples of recent correspondence you have authored)
- Willingness to be flexible and work withÂ people to achieve goals and objectives
- Familiarity with Cost and Schedule Performance metrics including ACWP, BCWP, and BCWS concepts and the Cost Performance Index and the Schedule Performance Index