Our client is a well known container ship owner that is on the lookout for a Technical Superintendent for their office in Singapore.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
An international Ship owner company is looking to hire an experienced Technical Superintendent with container vessel experience to join their team. The ideal candidate would currently be working in a similar role for an owner or ship management company. For a self-motivated, self-starter this is a not to be missed opportunity to join a respected international ship management company.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
In order to be shortlisted for this vacancy the candidate should present the following core skills and competencies (but not limited to):-
- Class 1 Motor license.
- Technical/maritime qualifications, preferably with seagoing experience as Chief Engineer or Master or Degree in naval architecture or marine engineering with relevant shore based experience.
- Ideally sailing experience as Chief Engineer /Master Mariner on board container vessels
- Currently working as Technical Superintendent for an international Ship Management company or ship owner
- Experienced with HSEQ policies
- Familiar with classification and industry related standards and regulations
Reporting to the Fleet Manager, you will be responsible for the safe and efficient technical management of the vessels assigned to you. You will be in close contact with the vessels crew and supervise planned maintenance and budgets for technical spares, repairs and operating expenses, while always ensuring compliance with all relevant industry regulations.
Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates that have the specific skills and experiences required to fulfil the responsibilities of the role will be contacted for a telephone interview by one of our consultants. Thereafter a detailed job description will be made available for discussion before CV’s are submitted to our client for review.
Please send a Word version of your updated CV and kindly remember to include only one personal email address ON the document.
Visit www.directsearchasia.com/vacancies and follow us on LinkedIn for more information and opportunities
Registration No: 201425475W
EA License No: 14C7312