Our client is a well established Shipping MNC located in town. In view of expansion, they are currently looking for a suitably qualified candidate to join them as Technical cum Purchasing Executive.
For this role, you will be responsible for the efficient execution and support of the company’s fleet of vessels, both in terms of technical and purchasing aspects.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Monitoring of due dates of all ship certificates/surveys
- Organization of timely renewals/surveys as necessary with the relevant authorities
- Support Sale & Purchase on change of flag and ownership of the vessel in coordination with class / flag.
- Support Superintendents on voyage repair / troubleshooting / off landing and dry docking
- Preparation of and Issuance of Purchase Orders.
- Sourcing and coordinating to ensure all requirements are delivered to vessel on time, at the right cost and specifications.
- Updating and maintaining accuracy of all office records, documentations, vessel drawings and plans.
- Following up on hotwork and daily correspondence with vessels.
Job Requirements :
- Minimum GCE “O” Level or Equivalent. Diploma holder preferred.
- At least 1-2 years of Technical and/or Purchasing experience in a shipping setup. Also open to consider candidates who are Navy Officers or previously ex-Navy Officers
- Or candidates with hands on technical experience in the areas of off-landings, ship repairs, dry-dock preparations, class, flags etc will be deemed as highly suitable for this role too
- Basic IT knowledge e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Email
- Organized and meticulous with good administrative skills and follow up
- Good communication skills – spoken and written English
- A flair for numbers
A comprehensive overall package awaits the right candidate.