US Defense Industry Contractor Welding Engineer
- Develop and manage materials joining work plans including schedules, budgets and resource requirements to meet both EMD and project objectives.
- Identify, evaluate and resolve non-routine materials joining and manufacturing engineering problems as they relate to nontraditional repair work in an accurate, timely and informed manner.
- Proactively seek and accept responsibility for solving new and difficult materials joining and manufacturing engineering challenges, while appropriately assessing and managing risks.
- Effectively communicate technical concepts across all levels of EMD and customer organizations.
- Provide technical support to a skilled labor force and manufacturing support personnel.
- Provide priorities and directions to the Manufacturing Development Lab Technicians in support of materials, joining, testing and evaluation.
- Identify new and/or improved welding processes/techniques for improving EMD applications.
- Work with design and manufacturing engineering to resolve materials joining issues before and during manufacturing and provide technical support to suppliers and customers.
- Provide support in identifying and troubleshooting equipment problems.
- Provide support for audits of suppliers.
- Interact with customers and design engineers to ensure compliance with customer specifications.
5% to 10%, dependent on project(s) needs
- B.S. Degree in Welding Engineering, Metallurgical, or Materials Science from an accredited institution with a minimum of seven years of related experience is preferred. Equivalent experience may be considered.
- Weld symbol and fabrication drawing reading skills.
- Knowledge of the following welding codes
- ASME Section III & IX
- AWS D1.1, D1.2 & D1.6
- NAVSEA 250-1500-1
- NAVSEA 392-0755 (seal welding)
- NAVSEA 0989-027-8000 (brazing standard)
- MIL-STD 248/278
- Experience in working with carbon, low, high alloy and stainless steels, nickel and copper based alloys, as well as dissimilar metal welding.
- Prior experience as a welding, materials or manufacturing engineer.