DP World buys giant Mumbai warehousing company

DP World buys giant Mumbai warehousing company

Dubai terminal operator DP World and Indian sovereign wealth fund National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) are paying $400m to buy Continental Warehousing Corp (Nhava Sheva).

This marks the first investment of the new investment platform launched by the pair this January with plans to invest up to $3bn in Indian logistics-related infrastructure.

Private equity firms Warburg Pincus, Abraaj and IFC Washington together own 60% of the Nhava Sheva facility while the remaining 40% is held by Continental Warehousing, the flagship company of Chennai-based NDR Group.

Sam Chambers

Starting out with the Informa Group in 2000 in Hong Kong, Sam Chambers became editor of Maritime Asia magazine as well as East Asia Editor for the world’s oldest newspaper, Lloyd’s List. In 2005 he pursued a freelance career and wrote for a variety of titles including taking on the role of Asia Editor at Seatrade magazine and China correspondent for Supply Chain Asia. His work has also appeared in The Economist, The New York Times, The Sunday Times and The International Herald Tribune.

Related Posts