Giuseppe Rizzo and his sister make swift shipowning return

Giuseppe Rizzo and his sister make swift shipowning return

Giuseppe Mauro Rizzo, former chief executive officer of RBD Armatori, will be co-owner of the newly built Rb-Rd Armatori vehicle, which will take over some of the ships (four post-panamaxes, three capesize bulkers and one aframax tanker) and the real estate properties from the bankrupt Naples-based shipping company. A UK-based private equity fund is the majority shareholder of the new company with a 75% stake while a purpose built company called New Horizon with Rizzo involved has the remaining 25%.

Splash has verified that the latter firm is 56% controlled by Adele Marina Rizzo, 10% by Giuseppe Mauro Rizzo and 33% by their cousin Maria De Carlini.

The remaining five aframax tankers of RBD Armatori will be transferred to Pillarstone Italy and managed by Premuda.

Nicola Capuzzo

Nicola is a highly qualified journalist focused on transport economics, logistics and shipping with broad experience in both online and printed media. Specialties: shipping, ship finance, banking, commodities and port economics. He regularly interviews Europe's top shipowner executives for Maritime CEO magazine.

Related Posts

1 Comment

  1. Avatar
    Mihir Zinan
    January 23, 2020 at 2:25 am

    Congratulations.