Position Title: Accounts Payable Manager
Reports To: Treasurer
Schedule: Monday through Friday and additional as required/requested
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Experience: 7 or more years in a shared services environment supporting multiple and diverse business units including 4 or more years in a management role
Skills/Software: Large ERP AP accounting systems experience; Workday a plus
Knowledge of Microsoft Office products at a proficient level
Knowledge of general accounting
• Thorough understanding of accounts payable functions with a proven track record of developing implementing and maintaining systems policies and procedures and internal controls relating to accounts payable.
• Excellent supervisory and analytical skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to interact with vendors, accountants and senior management team.
• Exceptional ability to influence, train and mentor staff to achieve objectives.
• Ability to work under pressure and adjust to urgent situations.
• Proactively manage issue resolution.
• Cultivates a positive team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Fully responsible for overseeing full cycle Accounts Payable function in a shared service environment, including vendor set up, disbursements, check requests, reimbursement of employee expenses, 1099 reporting and tax related matters and month end close.
• Provide strong leadership to a large team of Accounts Payable processors and supervisors.
• Ensure that all financial deadlines regarding accounts payable are met for month/quarter/year-end financial closings.
• Support requests from internal and external audit functions.
• Manage team productivity providing guidance while assuring standard operating procedures are being followed.
• Provides effective performance management and coaching of team.
• Communicate with other departments, business units and vendors regarding process improvement, position on relevant issues and internal control procedures while providing excellent customer service.
• Work with the relevant Purchasing teams to drive and manage process improvements in the procure-to-pay process.
• Lead Accounts Payable team through implementation and adaption of Workday ERP system.
• Preparation and distribution of 1099 and 1042 forms to vendors/suppliers and file appropriate forms to the IRS on or prior to the applicable due dates.
• Oversee preparation and filing of appropriate returns for Unclaimed Property Escheatment on or prior to the due date for respective States.