Our client is a ship manager providing technical management and crewing services to a global customer base of ship owners. Due to business developments, they are looking to hire a senior person to join them and lead the commercial/business development function.
Reporting to the Managing Director of the business you will be responsible for:
- Lead business development, sales, and marketing activities
- Work to increase the size of the fleet under technical management
- Prospect for and evaluate potential partnerships, joint ventures, and M&A deals
- Lead a small team of Business Development Managers
The ideal person for this role will be able to demonstrate:
- Strong experience and track record in business development for ship management business
- High level and thorough understanding of the ship management business – operationally, technically, commercially
- Likely to be a Master Mariner or Chief Engineer (not essential)
This is an excellent opportunity to join an evolving organization in a key role. As the right-hand man to the MD, you will have excellent prospects for career progression when you are successful in this role.