Our client is one of the international global logistics player who specialises in freight management, logistics solutions and transportation solutions globally.
Administration and Personnel Management
- Guide, mentor and coach your team.
- Recruit, supervise, review and evaluate staff performance and appraisal.
- Conduct meetings, goal setting, review department goals and business plan together with respective Division Head.
- Monitor and improve key departmental productivity indicators.
- Prepare, execute, monitor and update at regular intervals the business plan for the department
- Ensure compliance of internal policies and procedures such as Operational Process Standards (OPS) and external government regulations or customer policies/requirements.
- Map and understand department process flow, constantly looking for areas of improved efficiency to offer customers better cycle times and service as well as controlling costs.
- Ensure all customers standard operating procedures are documented and kept up to date in the Customer Standard Operating Procedures database.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with vendors (airlines, trucking companies, and others)
- Evaluate vendors at defined intervals per company policy, focusing on areas of possible improvement with corrective action plans where needed.
- Regularly read and review business and trade journals and attend industry events to further market and industry knowledge.
- Assist Country Manager with preparation of annual department budget.
- Monthly department review with Country Manager to review the productivity results and goals.
- Review, understand and focus on improving department freight yields and profitability.
- Support Accounts Receivable and proactively work to maintain accounts payment within 30 days.
- Ensure company credit procedures are followed and utilized effectively.
- Manage accounts payable to vendors (airlines, truckers etc.) utilizing BNP.
- Manage intercompany accounting discrepancies thru reporting.
- Review Daily Branch Revenue report (Daily).
- Ensure any contracts, vendor, customer or other, are reviewed in accordance to company contract policies prior to being signed.
Sales and Marketing (and Growth)
- Work with sales, customer retention and development, and account management to maintain and develop relationships with current customers, and to develop and bring new customers into the department
- Ensure Customer reviews are completed with your regular customers.
- Pro-actively provide pricing alternatives, routing solutions and technical assistance to clients through internal sales both regional and global.
- Respond to requests for proposal, quotation or information timely and with market competitive pricing matching the scope of service required by the customer.
- Take an active role in the transition of new business/ updates to existing business.
Expectation from Superior:
- To provide market competitive rates / charges to our branch Sales / CRD teams and Network Sales teams.
- Support operations and sales team with Air product knowledge where required via joint sales call.
- Grow Air Export business via joint sales and product calls to customers.
- Support in preparing strategic and tactical business plan with Country Manager.
- Update branch Management and Country Manager on key air product updates and issues.
- To take up additional tasks as required to meet the Department’s needs.
- Degree in any discipline.
- At least 4 years of experience in the Airfreight Logistics Industry.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results
- Good communication skills in English
- Good Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word etc.)
- Proven leadership/supervisory experience
Visit www.directsearchasia.com/vacancies and follow us on LinkedIn for more information and opportunities
Registration No: 201425475W
EA License No: 14C7312