Our client is an international shipping company, looking for an Assistant Manager – Costs to join their team in Singapore.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, you will be mainly responsible for the following:
- Costs Control:
- Review that costs submitted by agents are against the correct vessel, voyage and cost code and provide training to the agents on the correct reporting procedure
- Review agency’s commission submitted by agents are in line with commissions agreed as per agency agreement.
- Provide business with cost analysis and advisory support which includes communication of any changes to the costs structure.
- Review and improve the process of receiving, checking and processing disbursements, supplementary costs & monthly expenses against agents’ port estimates, actual invoices and actual cargo volumes.
- Ensure agents upload voyage disbursements and monthly expenses in accordance company’s requirements. Guide and educate agent when necessary.
- Liaise with Financial Analysts on variances between Voyage Proforma and actual voyage costs and provide commentaries on these variances.
- Agents Training & Audit:
- Perform an audit on selected agents to ensure systems and processes are in place to safeguard the interests of the business
- Implement initiatives to improve business efficiencies and standardisation of processes, procedures and systems throughout agency network.
- Ensure that accounting instructions and manuals related to the Costs Management are kept updated
- Maintain the tariffs and contract repository for use by the Outsourced Cost Processing and Regional Costs Teams
- Review of stevedores/wharfage and port parameters for update in relation to Forecast and Budget Ad-hoc duties
The suitable candidate should be someone with around 7 to 10 years of experience in accounting or financial analysis, with a Bachelor of Commence (Accounting) or equivalent qualification.
Shipping knowledge is highly essential, CPA or CA qualified are preferred.
Currently the role is opened to candidates residing in Singapore, with ready working entitlement.