Our client, a shipping company, is currently looking for an Assistant Operations Manager to be based in their Singapore office.
- Ensuring of safe and smooth daily operations of vessels chartered in and our own vessels, voyages are executed and performed as per Charter Parties.
- In-charge of bunkering arrangement and monitoring voyage performances of vessels.
- Evaluation of vessels, estimating of voyage duration, calculation of cargo intakes and maximizing of stowage.
- Providing of updated port information and congestion, and highlights to any possible delays and/or losses.
- Appointment and working with shipping agents on issuance, releasing, etc. of Bills of Lading.
- Liaison with on-board captains/masters and Technical Ship Management Companies.
- Any other ad-hoc duties assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree in Navigation or relevant majors.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience as a Shipping Operations Supervisor or in a similar capacity.
- Familiarity with Port State Control, Charterer Inspections, Oil Majors Vetting.
- Proficient in both English and Mandarin – Liaison with Mandarin speaking associates (Written, verbal communication and presentation skills)
- Added advantage: Captain of oil tankers with 3 years of experience and above.
- Added advantage: Familiarity with IMOS, E-bl, weather routine software such as AWT/WNI.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and is a team player.
Candidate to possess existing work rights in Singapore due to travel restrictions.