Purpose of the Job
- Manage sales group in Singapore
- Visiting and presents client’s portfolio to the customers
- Plans marketing and acquisition trips
- Prepares technical and commercial tenders, including attending at technical/clarification/negotiation meetings, attending at commercial bidding and contract negotiation discussions.
- Interface with front-sales and monitor progress of projects
- Co-ordinate projects with head office, regional offices and agents
- Provides accurate sales forecast and issues market reports.
- Ensures that his business objectives are met within the defined timeline
- Actively contributes at internal sales meetings
- Prepares internal handover meeting
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Report all sales activities to the Head of EAPA in Singapore
- Lead projects in EAPA region
- Drive front sales team to achieve the order intake target for its application focus in EAPA
- Ensure that application-oriented sales strategy is applied for the EAPA
- Maintain a motivated team of engineers and their recruits
- Achieve the sales targets and maintain the cost budget
- Review and approve technical and commercial tenders prior to submitting to customer
- Ensure that the specification offered to the customer are within the capability and capacity of the company
- Prepare and co-ordinate technical and commercial proposal activities with Regional Offices and Local Headquarters
- Work closely with cross-functional departments (process engineering, project management, shipping/logistic) and suppliers/sub-contractors to prepare cost estimates for engineering studies, process equipment and complete plants.
Competencies and behaviour required (What strengths needed?)
- Flexible, open to change and new information. Adapts behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions or unexpected obstacles.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Hands-on with excellent analytical, planning, evaluation and implementation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and presentation skills with influencing capabilities.
- Good time management and decision-making skills.
- Evaluate of sub-contractor / supplier quality systems and capabilities.
- Strong, confident and personable communicator at a senior level.
- Service-oriented with ability to anticipate problems and solving them effectively
- Integrity, credibility and ability to collaborate within a multicultural organization.
- Bachelor / Master degree in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering
- Min 8 – 10 years of experience in oleochemical, petrochemical, chemical or polymer industries
- Min of 5-year experience in sales of equipment and/or process solutions
- At least 2 years of experience leading a sales team
Knowledge requirements (professional, technical, language):
- Excellent in both oral & written English and Chinese.
- Willing to travel within APAC region on short notice