Our client, an aggressively growing fund administration company, with over 8k clients, operating from over 16 locations, are looking for an Associate Director (Team Lead) to lead and manage the Private Clients team ,to be responsible for the operations whilst creating strong profitable relationships with clients.
• Guide, motivate and oversee all staff in the Private Client team to ensure their workloads are undertaken professionally and without risk to the company or clients.
• Ensure performance targets in the Private Client teams are motivating and encourage excellence.
• To manage the day-to-day administration of the Private Client team specifically covering a varied and complex portfolio of trust structures, and to maintain a wide knowledge and understanding of trust and corporate administration generally, to include money laundering, compliance and relevant legislation.
• Acts as a Director on a number of client companies.
• Acquire a thorough understanding of the structures used by clients and the reasons for so doing.
• To ensure workloads within the Private Client team are completed to the highest standards, within the agreed timescales and that the objectives of the team are fulfilled.
• To develop close working relationships with all clients within the Corporate Services and Fund Services teams, and to strengthen key relationships through regular contact.
• To ensure absolute compliance with KYC procedures in order to maintain knowledge of the client business and to ensure operational workloads are being managed effectively to minimise risk to the Group
• Work closely with Business Development Director with the on-boarding of new business within the Group.
• To specifically manage the Private Clients team to include delegating and monitoring of workflow, in addition to supporting with the management of the Group
• Liaise with the support functions on a regular basis as needed on operational aspects of the Group.
• Primary point of contact for senior management team advising them on operational matters that fall within the Group and report preparation.
• To collaborate with the Business Development Director, to review marketing opportunities on a continual basis, and to assist with the development of a network of key or prospective clients and intermediaries, identifying and conveying suggestions for improvement and growth of our services.
• To serve as a “B” bank signatory for the company and/or clients • Any other such duties that would be reasonably required for this role.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
– Good technical knowledge to include more complex areas of trust & corporate products, investments, accounting and tax law, legislation and regulation. This includes Discretionary trust, Reserved Power Trust, Revocable/Irrevocable Trust, Private Trust Company (PTC), Employee Benefit Trust (EBT)/Employee Share Option Trust (ESOP) etc.
– ACCA, ICSA or STEP preferred
– 8 years relevant experience in the trust industry at management level
– Client Management Skills: high level of awareness of risk factors and compliance procedures
– Good interpersonal skills, with flexibility to attend after-hours functions where relevant