Guide, motivate and oversee all staff in the Private Client team to ensure their workloads are undertaken professionally and without risk to the company or clients.
• Ensure performance targets in the Private Client teams are motivating and encourage excellence.
• To manage the day-to-day administration of the Private Client team specifically covering a varied and complex portfolio of trust structures, and to maintain a wide knowledge and understanding of trust and corporate administration generally, to include money laundering, compliance and relevant legislation.
• Acts as a Director on a number of client companies.
• Acquire a thorough understanding of the structures used by clients and the reasons for so doing.
• To ensure workloads within the Private Client team are completed to the highest standards, within the agreed timescales and that the objectives of the team are fulfilled.
• To develop close working relationships with all clients within the Corporate Services and Fund Services teams, and to strengthen key relationships through regular contact.
• To ensure absolute compliance with KYC procedures in order to maintain knowledge of the client business and to ensure operational workloads are being managed effectively to minimise risk to the Group
• Work closely with Business Development Director with the on-boarding of new business within the Group.
• To specifically manage the Private Clients team to include delegating and monitoring of workflow, in addition to supporting with the management of the Group
• Liaise with the support functions on a regular basis as needed on operational aspects of the Group.
• Primary point of contact for senior management team advising them on operational matters that fall within the Group and report preparation.
• To collaborate with the Business Development Director, to review marketing opportunities on a continual basis, and to assist with the development of a network of key or prospective clients and intermediaries, identifying and conveying suggestions for improvement and growth of our services.
• To serve as a “B” bank signatory for the company and/or clients • Any other such duties that would be reasonably required for this role.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
– Good technical knowledge to include more complex areas of trust & corporate products, investments, accounting and tax law, legislation and regulation. This includes Discretionary trust, Reserved Power Trust, Revocable/Irrevocable Trust, Private Trust Company (PTC), Employee Benefit Trust (EBT)/Employee Share Option Trust (ESOP) etc.
– ACCA, ICSA or STEP preferred
– 8 years relevant experience in the trust industry at management level
– Client Management Skills: high level of awareness of risk factors and compliance procedures
– Good interpersonal skills, with flexibility to attend after-hours functions where relevant