Branch Manager - Product Support
Overall responsibility for managing, developing, and directing all aspects of the branch's parts and service operations in the backup power industry in the Northeast.
Specific duties include:
- Asset management
- Leadership of personnel
- Workplace personnel safety, training and development
- Establishment of budgeting, goals and objectives
- Fleet management
- Expense management
- Warranty claims administration
- Work In process (WIP) Administration
Daily Responsibilities & Challenges:
- Responsible for overall branch profitability. Specific areas of focus include; labor recovery rates, cartage recovery, transportation recovery, lost time management, policy minimization, and operating profit.
- Regional customer relations to provide first hand and immediate contact for customers and their personnel to ensure reliability and availability of heavy gen-set equipment.
- Customer satisfaction and profitability of Long-Term Service Agreements (LTSA).
- Outsourcing local support for items as needed.
- Evaluation reports for employed regional service personnel.
- Support the Regional Sales Manager on customer and site visits.
- Support expansion of company Service offerings to include BOP and diagnostic services.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, and maintaining an adequate number of Service Technicians, in the proper geographic locations, to properly support the installed base.
- Warranty claims to be administered as per company guidelines.
- Forecasts Service Work and Parts requirements for the branch.
- Works with the Sales Manager to quote jobs such as minor and major overhauls and upgrades.
- Escalate critical product support issues up through the organization, as well as with our suppliers, as required to bring critical issues to a prompt and satisfactory conclusion.
- Understand and knowledgeably present products and services represented.
- Develop and maintain a good relationship with customers.
- A minimum Two year associates management or engineering degree or equivalent/years of experience.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience working in a Management capacity in a service operation and/or combination of education and experience.
- Four year Business Management or engineering degree is a plus.
- Effectively utilize software programs including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Office environment, sedentary job; must be able to sit at least 50% of the time.
Person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery
Must have the ability to walk/stand throughout the day
This position may be required to visit other branches and possibly customer sites
Overnight travel may be required