GMS is the world’s largest buyer of ships & offshore assets. With over 25 years of experience in the maritime industry and offices in more than eight countries, GMS continues to expand its global presence.
The candidate will be responsible for procurement of bunkers/lubes for in-house fleet and vessel operations
Specific tasks include but not limited to:
- Identify requirements and accurately calculate the grades and quantities needed.
- Select the best ports for replenishment based on the voyage ahead.
- Collect Delivery receipts and invoices to ensure all documentation is in place.
- Monitor prices and purchase bunkers in coordination with market movements.
- Negotiate any and all terms and conditions for bunkering contracts.
- Handle claims with traders and suppliers.
- Keep records of bunker fixtures and demonstrate cost savings for the company.
- Coordinate the entire bunker and lube delivery in all ports by communicating with agents and technical managers ensuring a timely and cost-efficient supply.
- Develop relationships with bunker and lubricant traders and suppliers worldwide
- Maintain speed and consumption data for the entire fleet and ensure best performance of the fleet
- Be an integral part of operations department
- 2 years’ experience in bunker trading or procurement of bunkers for in house fleets
- Good understanding of contract terminology
- Strong commercial mindset
- Skilled at negotiations
- Team player
- Fluent in English