Business Development Director - Industrial
Reporting to the President, the Business Development Director will provide leadership and vision to the sales team and will accelerate the growth of rental equipment sales across the Company. Responsible and accountable for development of relationships with customers with a priority on the Engineering and Contractor channel. The Rental Business Development Director will lead and drive all business development functions associated withrental sales and be responsible for delivering the Company’s rental equipment financial goals and objectives.
- Maintain weekly communications with local General Managers on issues related to service operations.
- Work with corporate team and General Managers to ensure consistent implementation of service and fleet best practices.
- Support and drive rental sales through policy, personal example, coaching and mentoring
- Monitor, and if needed, perform quote follow-ups via Salesforce; negotiate contracts to conclude the sale
- Execute strategic plans to achieve profitable growth and support company objectives
- Refine rental sales processes including sales strategies, tactics, budgets, quotas, discounts and pricing
- Develop and implement best practices through continuous improvement to increase win rate and orders
- Implement lean sales policies and procedures
- Ensure duties and company projects are accomplished in an efficient and cost effective manner
- Manage warranty process to ensure maximum warranty recovery for all rental units
- Serve as key contact for Sales & Services warranty department, evaluating warranty plans and ensuring timely recovery.
- Daily review and action planning for fleet staging and sourcing.
- Review and communicate rental fleet and service KPI’s throughout organization and partner with General Managers to ensure follow through on action planning.
- Evaluate and refine corporate transportation strategy to maximize expense recovery and ensure on time delivery.
- Conduct regular safety and operational audits to ensure consistency throughout all Rental facilities.
- Participate in monthly reviews of local scorecards and P&L.
- Participate in monthly rental fleet reviews.
- Schedule inventory dates and ensure accurate reconciliation.
- Participate in every facet of planning and startup of new Rentals
- Participate in exhibitions and other marketing events
- Establish and maintain relationships with key players
- All other duties as assigned
- Leadership, Vision, Competitiveness, and Drive
- Entrepreneurial mind sent; dedicated and committed to our company values
- Strong accountability and initiative
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills with the ability to cultivate relationships with employees, suppliers and customers
- Strong sales presentation and persuasion skills
- Record of success in meeting or exceeding quotas, budgets or objectives
- Advanced problem solving capabilities
- Previous experience and demonstrated success in team leadership and leader development
- Deep understanding of the Rental industry
- Detailed understanding of financial and operational metrics, and the ability to impact them
- BS in Engineering or Engineering Management required, MBA preferred
- At least 10 years of experience managing a service sales team within the power generation industry
- Strong record of growing a sales operation of at least 10 sales personnel
- Prior profit/loss experience
- Experience with markup, margins, breakeven, and return concepts
- Excellent interpersonal skills that allow strong communication and relationship building both internally and externally
- Experience and knowledge with power generation/steam/boiler equipment heavily preferred