Direct Search Global is partnering one of the World’s largest OEM Manufacturer for Power Transmission Systems to search for a Business Development Manager to be based at their office in Singapore.
With a proven sales track record, this person would possess a consultative and collaborative leadership style operate effectively in a matrix environment. Confident of owning and driving aggressive growth plans with country sales teams, the incumbent is a driven, resilient, enterprising, agile and motivated leader who wants to be part of a growing company.
This is a senior role reporting to the S.E.A. managing director and is responsible for developing new
market segments and applications with the Company’s Industrial product portfolio. His/her responsibilities includes devising and executing strategies to penetrate selected Industrial and Mobility markets by equipping sales teams with the right product, value propositions and application knowledge.
To be responsible for product portfolio management and go-to-market strategy. Able to develop
execution plans to achieve committed outcomes working together with country sales teams. This role
also provides guidance, sales analysis and reporting to improve sales teams’ effectiveness. To lead
business development initiatives for new segments and managing industry key account growth plans.
He/she will also be responsible to drive sales for new equipment and replacement markets in selected countries.
The Business Development Manager’s, specific responsibilities will fall into three primary areas:
- Develop in-depth understanding of market trends and competitive landscape
- Work closely with sales organizations to develop robust sales strategies by segment
- Lead account planning, new business development activities and sales engagements
- Owns product lifecycle management in collaboration with Global Product Line Management
- Develop local references and case studies together with global product line management
- Support sales teams to develop right product / price value positioning & marketing materials
- Develop channel coverage by market segment and support development of right partners
- Develop direct, channel sales and marketing skills and competencies metrics
- Develop standard enterprise selling process, opportunities and pipelines management
- Direct sales in S.E.A. (exclude Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia & Philippines
- Execute sales plans to achieve sales goals and revenues
- Prospect for new opportunities by developing new customers and new channel sales
- Evaluate partner distributor sales performance for the assigned segments
- At least 8 years hands on experience in a Managerial post, supporting aggressive expansion plans and business transformation.
- Mechanical engineering training or background
- Strategic thinking and planning with strong commercial acumen
- Strong direct key account management and distribution sales experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in product line management will be a plus
- Strong communication skills in both written and verbal