Directly participate in strategic business planning, market analysis, prospecting, customer relationship development, and proposal preparation for the Company related to its business with renewable energy and offshore wind field developers and their prime and subcontractor constellations.
SCOPE OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties of the Business Development Specialist shall include, but are not necessarily limited to the following:
• Working in coordination with the Executive Management and business unit leadership teams in the development of strategies for establishing business relationships to market all Service solutions to the renewable energy and offshore wind industry, and its key prime contractors.
• Supports Executive Management business unit leadership in deal negotiations, contract development, due diligence, and other business development or alliance development projects. Participates in related conference calls and meetings.
• Seeks out and researches prospective projects through making phone calls, traveling, attending conferences, and utilizing the Internet.
• Markets new and existing customers through creation, development, and presentation of new and innovative business solutions.
• Manages relationships with various prospects, clients, and partners in the offshore transportation environment.
• Estimates demand for proposed projects based on market research and consumer trends.
• Collaborates with internal departments, such as Finance and Engineering, as well as external
partners and allies in the development and implementation of strategies, plans, and business
• Collaborates with Strategic Planning Director and Financial Analyst to develop and maintain long-
and short-term pricing models in addition to other strategic financial models.
• Assists the Vice-President of Sales, Sales Analyst or his designee in the development and
presentation of the annual business plan.
• Confers with customers and customer representatives to evaluate and promote possibilities for
improved and expanded business opportunities.
• Provides input to the Executive Leadership team on new technology or service features to be
developed to meet current and future customer needs.
• Researches and learns new emerging technologies and trends. • All other duties as assigned by management.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university; Business-focused Master’s degree preferred.