Our client is an established shipping company with strong regional presences, providing a variety of shipping services, including containers, reefer, multipurpose cargoes.
There is a requirement for an experienced Capacity Manager to join their office in Singapore.
As a Capacity Manager, you will be responsible to ensure capacity are managed effectively for your assigned service legs in order to maximise yield and profitability. Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Working closely with Liner Trade and Network team to monitor effectiveness newly launch service legs, taking proactive steps to adjust course when required.
- Assist in annual budgeting, re-forecasting and monthly forecasting process
- Work closely with Customer Service & Booking teams to manage cargoes intake, ensuring optimal customer experience and profitable outcome
- Maintain a 12-months capacity plan based on demand and supply forecasts, proactively inputting any seasonal changes and adjust accordingly
- Provide feedback and input to Market Manager for pricing suggestions
- Support the management of assigned service strings when required
- Ensuring optimal mix of cargoes is carried on any given voyage to ensure best possible financial returns
- Take lead in maintaining and /or developing tactical relationship with existing and new partners, which may include pooling arrangement, slot agreements, etc
- Keep and monitor the latest relevant competitors’ intelligence, especially information relating to market capacity fluctuation
To be suitable for this role, you should have at least 6 years of relevant shipping experience, with strong knowledge and understanding in the shipping dynamics such as contract development, cargo profiles, cargo mix and maximizing yields.
The idea candidate is someone with strong communication and analytic skills, already residing in Singapore.