We are looking for an experienced professional to be responsible for the overall cargo management, including planning and stowing of cargo for assigned vessels.. This position combines office work and port operations, working interdepartmentally to achieve an efficient operation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of safe, efficient, and damage free cargo handling.
- Coordinate Stevedores and manage port relationships, while providing assistance with price negotiations.
- Provide a timely response to inquiries and technical analysis and capabilities/requirements.
- Assist with vessel/voyage planning and scheduling; including deviations/delays (and assist with inquiry/offer response).
- Track and report cargo damage and provide claims assistance.
- Manage HAZMAT stowage and documentation and provide crew training.
- Coordinate pre load cargo surveys and cargo measurement and on-hire and off-hire surveys of containers and container equipment.
- Review and determine a response to various vessel security requirements/issues.
- Skilled with all types of cargo stowage, cargo stowage principles, and cargo handling gear on all vessels including roll on-roll off vessels, general cargo ships, and bulk carriers.
- Maritime Academy graduate is a plus
- Experience at sea involving cargo operations preferred.
- Experience in planning, loading, and the securing of ammunition and rolling stock
- 3+ years experience in a similar role involving various cargo types
- Terminal Ops and stevedoring experience desired
- Security clearance and experience with computerized stow plans and unique handling/stowage options is preferred.
- Must be authorized to work in the US, no visa or sponsorship provided