- Ensure that the seafarers onboard vessels are provided sufficient quantity of food for their respective voyages and within the agreed budget with Ship Owners.
- Oversee the overall victuals onboard the vessels to ensure all dietary needs are addressed.
- Liaise with vessels and purchasing department to ensure good quality products, are supplied onboard
- Review the vessel Menu and Provisions request to ensure request meets are dietary needs of crew onboard in terms of health benefits and sustenance .
- Review the vessel Provisions request to ensure Provisions request meets the company agreed victualling rate.
- Review the vessel Provisions request to ensure vessels do not grossly over order items with short shelf life or premium products.
- Review the vessel Provisions request and provide advice to vessels alternative or local produce in locations where requested products are not locally available.
- Laise with manning agents and training dept to ensure the galley staffed are trained on inventory management, food handling, health and hygiene.
- Alert management if the victualling budgets are not sufficient due to change of trading pattern etc