Our client, a leading shipping company is on the lookout for a Chartering & Operations Executive to join their existing team in Singapore.
- Canvass and solicit cargoes, manage CP contracts and liaise with ship owners, charterers, agents on updates and issues
- Support shipping operations in port study, port information and restrictions
- Convey voyage instructions to Ship Master and ensure that voyage instructions / Charter Party terms are complied with
- Scrutinize cargo stowage and monitor vessel’s movements and performance, port stay, etc.
- Assist in the negotiation, finalizing and drawing up of Charter Party with all parties
- Optimize vessel utilization and carriage capacity to generate maximum return and yield
- Select and work with the right Charterer and cargo mix for maximum returns and to minimize voyage costs through strategic voyage planning and execution
- Negotiate with customers to secure best freight, charter rate, etc., terms and conditions and successfully conclude fixtures
- Identify and execute new business opportunities
- Follow up and ensure timely freight receivables & payables
- Diploma or degree in a related field
- 2-3 years of ship chartering/brokering experience
- Possess strong sense of responsibility, meticulous, with positive work attitude and able to do what it takes to get things right and on time
- Independent and team player, willing to learn
- Willing to put in long hours outside official working hours when required