Our Client is a ship owner with a fleet of MPV / Project Cargo vessels. Due to business developments they are currently looking to hire an experienced professional as Chartering & Operations Manager.
In this position you will be responsible for:
- Chartering – negotiating terms of fixtures for chartering out owned vessels
- Business development – keeping in touch with the market; identifying and developing new potential customers; identifying strategic partners
- Liaising with P&I clubs on claims handling
- Overseeing operations post fixture – voyage planning; appointing port agents and surveyors; bunkering; cargo documentation
The ideal person for this position will be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience in chartering of MPV / project cargo / heavy lift vessels
- Likely to have around 5+ years chartering experience in this market
- Previous experience overseeing operations
- Ex-seafarer with experience as Deck Officer – strongly preferred
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established ship owner in an important and responsible role. You will have the opportunity to lead commercial negotiations and business development and make a real impact. Our client can offer an attractive salary and potential for bonus based on performance.