A leading ship broking firm is looking for a highly motivated Claims & Demurrage Handler to join their experienced operations team in London to support the continued growth of the company.
Reporting to the Head of Operations your responsibilities will include the following;
- Accurately checking all types of claims including but not limited to freight, war risk, deviation, heating expenses, Turkish straits, speed up claims and demurrage claims.
- Monitor all time bar expirations and submit notices to all parties concerned when required
- Liaising closely with customers and owners to ensure timely submission and settlement of all claims
- Handle all claims documentation requirements across the fleet
- Proactively build partnerships with customers, owners and agents
- Actively participate in the development of existing systems but also engage in the process on improvement and transformation of department procedures
- Maintain continuous updating of all claims records, files and databases
- Process claims and ensure compliance with CP requirements
- Assist on any department/company projects and additional duties as and when required
To be a suitable candidate for this position you must have proven claims experience, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, confident with developing business relations and be customer facing.