Our client is looking for new graduates or other candidates with two to five (2-5) years or less experience in an applicable industry. Performs engineering design review and analysis assignments normally involving a major project or several smaller less complex projects. These projects by nature of their complexity and difficulty require the fully competent application of conventional knowledge in a particular field of engineering or science. Through broader and more technically challenging work assignments, incumbent will develop a thorough understanding of policies, methods and procedures.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (PDR)
- Under the supervision of an experienced engineer or engineering manager, performs detailed engineering review of plans as assigned for compliance with applicable Rules, Regulations and contract commitments.
- Performs work which involves conventional engineering practices but may include moderately complex problems such as the resolution of conflicting design requirements, material standards or coordination of activities among other disciplines.
- Drafts technically accurate and timely reports, and responses to client letters, faxes and other forms of communication for review by an experienced engineer or engineering manager
- Prepares accurate and timely weekly reports and billing on all work performed.
- Communicates the status of the current workload to all appropriate members of the team to insure the needs of the clients will be met.
- May propose technical advice to field operations and other technical offices.
- May propose new approaches to problems encountered and make recommendations for changes in methods, procedures or designs.
- May work directly with clients to identify and resolve problems in the area of technical expertise.
- Works as a team member within the group. May work autonomously, once trained, with minimal supervision.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required (KSAR)
- The following are new hire requirements for university graduates and experienced engineers from industry:
Graduate from University:
For those with two (2) years or less Machinery- Piping backgrounds or experience.
S. degree in Marine, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or other related disciplines.
Good command of the English language.
Experienced Engineer from Industry: Machinery-Piping
Seagoing engineering license or professional/chartered engineer license.
- Two to five (2-5) years of related engineering experience in a shipyard, design/consulting office, shipping/oil company, or a classification society.
- Knowledge of related technical disciplines required
- The ability to identify, analyse and propose solutions to problems (i.e., the competence to demonstrate complex problem solving skills).
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to work well with others.