Client Care Manager, North America Northeast
We are experts who assess the safety and integrity of our clients’ ships, then offer sound technical advice on how to meet the industry standards which we have helped to set. Join us in the New York tri-state region, Montreal or Toronto to take your place at the heart of innovation, sharing knowledge and advancing the cause of marine safety.
Location: This position can either be based in our New York City office or in Montreal, Canada.
About this role:
To lead and manage client care in the geographic area including New York (Tri-State Area, Boston, Montreal and Toronto). Primary duties include responsibility for protecting existing business through high-quality client support. Acting on guidance from the Area Client Care Manager, support all stages of the client experience; maintain the client relationship via contract management and continual relationship-building; and manage client data. Work closely with Service Delivery and Sales and Marketing staff to ensure that the client relationship is always successful and managed effectively.
You will be responsible for protecting existing business through high-quality client support. You will respond to clients technical queries, including requests regarding classification or statutory status, new construction, consultancy, and block-fee contracts, seeking input as needed to ensure prompt resolution.
You will support all stages of the client experience; maintain the client relationship via contract management and continual relationship-building; and manage client data. You will also work closely with Service Delivery and Sales & Marketing staff as needed to ensure that the client relationship is successful and managed effectively at all times. Meanwhile, you will pursue continuous professional development to remain fully knowledgeable about the technical considerations that are pertinent to clients (and maintaining surveyor authorizations if applicable).
You will assess all risks and work in a safe manner at all times, reporting in a timely manner all incidents including near miss and safety observations.
You will have:
- Work experience relating to ship operations and classification society regulations
- A degree or equivalent within a relevant field of study such as marine engineering
- A thorough understanding of the shipping market and marine environment
- A pro-active mind-set with a demonstrated positive attitude and focus on providing solutions
- Ability to participate in and add value to marine technical discussions with clients and colleagues
- Experience managing clients, project management qualifications/skills
- Organizational and planning skills, ability to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Intermediate or advanced experience using MS Office suite of products: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Experience as a passenger ship surveyor would be an advantage
- Experience delivering training to external clients would be an advantage