An opportunity to work within the commercial department for a well-known and respected shipowner. Working closely with chartering, vessel operations, bunkering and claims you will be involved with the following activities;
- Assist chartering with pre-fixture operations
- Liaise with the charterers and the vessels to ensure voyage orders are in compliance with charterer’s instructions
- Appoint and liaise with port agents to ensure smooth operational turnaround
- Monitor voyage performance, including bunkers, vessel speed and performance against charter party requirements
- Review completed voyages, assemble documentation with respect to port expenses, demurrage and other commercial claims.
- Monitor and management of claims to ensure timely turnaround
To be suitable candidate you should have a degree qualification within shipping/maritime or an ex-seafarer. Preference will be given to those candidates who have previous experience working within operations or claims for a shipping company. You should have a clear understanding of commercial concepts, including charter parties with a strong analytical mindset, problem solving capabilities and a result-oriented approach.