To provide commissioning, and aftersales support service activities for large scale waste water management systems including warranty resolution, surveys and some installation support activities etc.
- Carry out electrical and mechanical service and commissioning of equipment and systems following installation and general service duties as required.
- On completion of full system commissioning to undertake compliance testing and hand over of the systems,
- To attend sea Trials on completion of commissioning activities
- Provide timely detailed commissioning reports and accurate feedback on all commissioning & after sales status and related issues to the service manager and project managers.
- Assist the engineering department and customers with mechanical - electrical installation, planning & design.
- Assist with electrical design and system upgrades as required.
- Provide recommendations for the improvement of company systems, specifications, installation and operational procedures.
- At all times represent the company's interests while interacting with vessel/shipyard staff or the classification society.
To develop and maintain a high level of customer support and relationship by building a close working relationship on sites and promoting the company services and business
- A comprehensive electrical/mechanical engineering background incorporating a basic understanding of electrical control systems. Ex Marine engineer will be a distinct advantage.
- Understanding or electronic and PLC control systems basic understanding would be an advantage, including Seimans, Mitsubishi software control systems.
- Must have a sound and full understanding / ability to follow P&ID drawings, process flow drawings and complex electrical drawings.
- Qualifications in marine engineering to HNC or HND level or NVQ3 in Commissioning & Installing electro mechanical systems. It is important that the candidate has the above practical experience and can clearly demonstrate an enthusiastic and dynamic approach.
- Previous experience and product knowledge is required.
- Excellent communications skills verbal and written, self motivation and demonstrable high customer care standards.
- Good Team Working ability and skills
- Current driving valid driving licence and passport.
- A willingness to undertake periods of overseas work,. Average periods working away are 1-2 weeks but can be up to 4-6 weeks and longer periods on occasion.
- Excellent product knowledge, with large complex marine systems, and equipment.
- Excellent installation, commissioning maintenance & service skills
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Excellent problem solving ability and system understanding.
- Management & Leadership Competencies