Compliance Manager - Fort Lauderdale
The Compliance Manager will be responsible for implementing, administering, and managing the compliance program. In collaboration with the executive team, the Manager will develop and oversee all aspects of the compliance program, including policy management, compliance training and education, effective communication channels, auditing and monitoring, investigations and corrective actions, and reporting.
- Regularly monitors changes to the regulatory landscape to ensure compliance with applicable national, state and federal laws, regulations and mandates.
- Develops,initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical or improper conduct.
- Acts as a key resource to the organizational staff and provides guidance in support of the organization’s operations for complying with all regulatory requirements.
- Maintains extensive knowledge and experience pertaining to regulatory compliance.
- Promotes compliance and works with leadership throughout the organization to strategically improve and integrate regulatory compliance into processes,systems, and employee awareness.
- Designs, develops, implements, and evaluates compliance training for all levels of staff to support an awareness and understanding of regulatory requirements.
- Designs, develops, implements, and evaluates audit, monitoring, and assessment tools and evaluation processes. Conducts audits in accordance with the Compliance work plan.
- Institutes and ensures an effective compliance communication program for the organization,including promoting the use of the Compliance Hotline and awareness of the organization’s Code of Conduct.
- In conjunction with the executive team oversees external regulatory requests.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Knowledge and Experience
- 3-5years of experience in regulatory/compliance/legal (one of) required.
- Experience managing a Compliance Department with demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a compliance program required.
- Excellent knowledge of FCPA and the UK Bribery Act.
- Demonstrated experience with international and multi-state/federal legislative implementation.
- Proficient in the use of computers and Microsoft PowerPoint, SharePoint, Word, and Excel
- Excellent research skills, attention to detail, and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage complexity and multiple projects simultaneously.