- Analyze, support, negotiate and administer client contractual matters. This includes letters, notices, negotiations, change orders/variations and contract amendments. During tenders/bids or project execution phase & depending on commercial size, this may require 100% dedication from a Contracts Executive either by themselves or in support of another team member.
- Focal point for contract terms & conditions qualifications /clarifications on tenders/bid submissions, ensuring Company’s commercial & contractual guidelines are maintained & risks adequately mitigated.
- Coordinate as necessary with respective interdisciplinary departments to achieve optimum results and consistency with the terms and conditions of the contract.
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with contract provisions and Company’s corporate governance requirements.
- Support, collate and consolidate contract documents and responsible for qualifications/clarifications on clients contract terms & conditions ensuring Company’s commercial & contractual guidelines are maintained and risks are adequately mitigated.
- The support also extended to the internal stakeholders (such as Asset Management, Engineering, Procurement, LCSC, Tax and Finance) interface to prepare (draft) contract qualifications/clarifications and coordination as necessary to ensure consistency of key contract terms/milestones with relevant exhibits to the Contract Partnership arrangements (JV, Consortium)
- Analyze and propose agreements between Company and prospective Partners for joint ventures, consortiums or other forms of collaboration to work on a bid, project & operation.
- Includes heads of agreement, shareholders agreements, confidential and non-disclosure agreements. Work will require collaboration with internal stakeholder groups such as Asset Management, Engineering, Procurement, Legal, Tax and Finance. Contract Management (Administration) Project & Operations.
- General administration of Client Contracts in collaboration with respective stakeholders, both internal (e.g. Asset Management, Engineering, Procurement, LCSC, etc.) and external (clients).
- Proactive management of the client contract throughout the project and operations & maintenance phases ensuring compliance with contractual obligations and Company’s rights are not lost or waived (variations/changes).
- Maintain a summary report of all projects and/or operating assets being managed by the position holder with material issues identified, tracked and reported to Head of Department and affected internal stakeholders such as Asset Management, Engineering, Procurement, LCSC, etc. Dispute Resolution and Change Order Management
- Support, and whenever necessary, lead and highlight to respective project team members the contractual provisions for all projects and operations thus ensuring resolution of contractual disputes and contentious issues in accordance with the respective contracts, thus minimizing any possible impact for the business.
- Support and where necessary, lead in negotiating resolution of (with the collaboration of respective internal stakeholders) disputes, Change/Variation Orders and Contract Amendments during all phases of the Contract – project execution, Operations & Maintenance and demobilization.
- At least 6 – 8 years of relevant work experience in oil & gas contract development (tendering) and management (projects & operations) with specific focus on lease and operate type marine contracts.
- Degree in Law, Engineering or Quantity Surveying from a reputable university. Master of Science, Engineering, Business Administration or Law (MSc/MEng/MBA/LLM) from a reputable university, or related professional qualification(s) is an additional advantage