Job Description: Controller
Seniority: Senior Level Leader
This position is a Corporate Controller reporting to the CEO of the company. The Controller will have a strong knowledge of accounting with proven problem-solving skills, be an accomplished team player and be able to work directly with CEO and the extended Department Heads.
In this role, you will manage the accounting functions of the company, providing information needed to produce monthly financials for both the executive team and external accounting partners. You will lead various functions in the company, accounting including invoicing, AR/AP, the company's 401k, health insurance/employee benefits and all taxation issues.
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Bachelor’s degree, Business or Finance background preferred, CPA ideal.
- Experience working in industrial business as a manufacturer’s representative.
- Experienced and comfortable with Microsoft Office, including Excel & Word.
- Experience in accounting sofware
- Experience in Mergers & Acquisitions including valuation.
- Experienced with invoicing, AR/AP and reconciliation of accounts.
- Able to administer company's benefit plans, including insurance and 401k as well as company payroll.
- Manage company's payroll and other expenses.
- Business analysis, fixed costs analysis, direction of finance processes in operations
- Serve as a key part of the enterprise management team.
- Overall responsibility for financial reporting processes to include:
- Analyzing and evaluating figures for management and Board of Director reviews
- Preparation of analytical and statistical information for performance measuring and monitoring of critical areas of the business
- Support regional process owners by producing financial information for communication, analysis and decision making.
- Overall accountability for accuracy and completeness of all financial aspects of the company in accordance with corporate accounting principles and timetables
- Meeting financial reporting timelines
- Participate in the Leader Meetings held once per month.
Daily Job Functions:
- Presenting accurate financial information to the CEO and executive leadership team
- Preparation of annual budget and monthly forecasts
- Manage disbursements and expenditures processes.
- Ensuring efficient operation of the Accounting and Finance functions including management of Payroll, Accounts Payable, and HR deliverables
- Develop tracking systems and financial metrics and provide timely reports that compare these metrics against established goals and budgets.
- Management of Accounting and Administrative staff including preparation of quarterly performance and annual salary reviews.
- Manage the accounting system, upgrades, dashboards, and reporting for managers.
- All Accounting functions below will be in a leadership role of the current accounting team.
- Managing all deliverables for accounting for Assets, Prepaid expenses, Cash accounts, Accounts payable, compensation and benefits, accruals, tax provisions, and debt
- Support full month and year end close, control of the General Ledger, team recruitment and development, alongside providing a broad operational approach to finance and accounting across the business.
- Manage and train staff in expense analysis, balance sheet reconciliations, and accounts management.
- Review and maintain internal control processes, journal entries, and general ledger activity for accuracy and completeness.
- Interact with internal / external auditors and prepare supporting materials during audits and assist year-end audits and quarterly reviews.
- Provide business plan development and assist in performing accounting and financial, legal, technology due diligence activities in support of strategic initiatives and future acquisition activity.
- Review of invoices (AP/AR) for accuracy and initiate corrective action as needed.
- Manage the past dues and define credit terms for clients.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reports for CEO and Board of Directors
- Review all vendor invoices and contracts for compliance and validation against budget with proper accounting treatment.
- Manage payroll accountant to ensure proper processing of payroll, review and verify all payroll tax filings are timely and accurate. Ensure year end processing of W-2’s and 1099’s.
- Process Federal/State/Local tax filings, including Corporate, Sales and Use, Excise, Annual reports, and payroll taxes.
- Process all ESOP documentation and oversee annual disbursements for accuracy.
- Prepare bi-weekly cash flow reports versus forecast.
- Maintain company Line of Credit and proper documentation.
- Manage all employee benefit programs including health insurance, 401k, dental and voluntary programs including vendor review and selection, open enrollment process, invoice approval, cost allocation and all relevant tax reporting requirements and accounting entries.
- Review HR/Benefit/Financial providers and systems as appropriate and recommend changes.