1) Functional Accountabilities
- Support the Senior Corporate Planner in the strategic planning role – to help define the Group’s goals and to facilitate the conceptualisation and formulation of strategic initiatives to create value for stakeholders over the short, medium and long-term; and to ensure the cohesiveness of the strategies, plans and resource allocation of the BUs, SUs and subsidiaries.
- Plan, manage and coordinate group-wide long-term strategic planning and annual planning exercises.
- Perform the analysis to identify organisational effectiveness, strengths and weaknesses, and carry out research on external environment to assess trends, opportunities and risks, in order to provide input and advise on the group strategy and growth initiatives (organic and inorganic).
- Plan and implement initiatives to enhance CPD’s role in thought leadership, idea generation and exploration of potential value-creating strategies and initiatives (e.g. shift in strategic focus, new products/services, business model innovation and inorganic growth options).
2) Business Partner Accountabilities for Assigned BU/SUs and/or Subsidiaries
- Plan and manage the collaboration with the Assigned Units on the formulation of their short, medium and long-term strategy and annual business plans.
- Review the reasonableness of the Assigned Units’ business plans and associated risk mitigation plans to balance the risk and reward; and help ensure the alignment of their business strategies and plans with the Group’s corporate agenda.
- Actively participate and contribute in the areas of idea generation and exploration of potential value-creating strategies and initiatives for the Assigned Units and the Group.
- Manage and assist in the role as focal point for business planning matters pertaining to the Assigned Units.