Direct Search Global has been tasked by an established marine asset owner to search for a Corporate Planner to be based at their office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. With at least 11 years of experience in the finance / accounting / corporate planning / equity research / audit / investment banking environment, you will be responsible for managing the Company’s capital issues and M&A transactions. Reach out to us now to understand more about this exciting opportunity.
JOB PURPOSE :
- Manage the formulation of long-term strategic initiatives and business plan in support of the assigned business units (BUs), service units (SUs) and/or subsidiaries to ensure cohesiveness and consistency with the Group’s overall corporate strategic vision and mission.
- Plan and manage the implementation of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) activities/programs to monitor, manage, control and mitigate business risk to safeguard shareholder’s return and the group’s sustainability.
- Manage the evaluation of potential business ideas, merger and acquisition (M&A) or corporate projects within allocated portfolio of businesses, as well as the development of effective execution plans (i.e. transaction structures, capital structures and/or corporate structures) to facilitate the effective execution of identified projects to support Group’s corporate strategy operational needs. Develop business intelligence and research to support the formulation of strategic vision, evaluation of business ideas, and implementation of ERM and investor relations activities
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Manage the strategic/scenario planning process and risk management planning of assigned BUs, SUs and/or subsidiaries to ensure the cohesiveness of business agendas towards Group’s Corporate Agenda.
- Advice on the fairness of business plans and associated risk control plans to balance the risk and reward of assigned BUs, SUs and/or subsidiaries.
- Lead and manage the review of periodic performance process to monitor the achievement of annual initiatives, financial and operational performance, as well as effectiveness of risk management controls for the assigned BUs, SUs and/or subsidiaries.
- Lead and manage the review and tracking of strategic initiatives and operational performance within individual Balanced Scorecards.
- Lead and manage the Risk Register and Risk Scorecards to ensure a comprehensive portfolio view and reporting of risks.
Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
- Manage the activities or programs with regards to the implementation plan of the ERM framework to ensure governance initiatives are executed in a cohesive and integrated manner.
Project Risk Assessment (PRA)
- Coordinate and support Lead Corporate Planner to manage the activities or programs with regards to the implementation of the PRA processes to ensure they are implemented consistently throughout BUs/SUs/subsidiaries in accordance with the established standards and procedures.
- Advise and support the identification of project risk and controls to ensure responsible and effective deployment of resources to achieve strategic growth plans.
Project Feasibility Review and Implementation Planning
- Perform the evaluation of potential business ideas, inorganic growth opportunities or corporate proposals to determine strategic and operational fit, resource optimization and compatibility with the Group’s long - term plans or strategies.
- Plan and develop the recommendation of an appropriate transaction structure/ approach (e.g. joint venture agreement [JVA], Memorandum of Understanding [MOU]) to ensure effective execution of the identified project/transaction.
- Plan and develop the proposal of an appropriate capital structure (e.g. equity, bonds, debt financing) and/or internal corporate structure to ensure maximum capital optimization within the Group.
- Perform research to advise/collaborate with the planners and financial controllers of BUs/SUs/Subsidiaries on macroeconomic environment and industry or market trends.
- Perform research on new business opportunities and identified companies/peers.
- Prepare sector and market intelligence for communication with internal (Board / top management and employees) and external (Investment communities) stakeholders.
- Develop, motivate and coach subordinates to develop capabilities within the Corporate Planning team.
Minimum 11 – 13 years of working experience in finance/ accounting/ corporate planning/ equity research/ audit/ investment banking environment, with specific experience in managing capital issues such as equity and corporate debt issues and/or experience in managing/originating M&A ideas and advising clients on M&A transactions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/ Finance/ Business Studies/ Economics or equivalent with accounting/ finance/ legal/ economics background.
- Professional qualification or relevant post graduate degree would be an added advantage (e.g. Chartered Financial Analyst or MBA).
*Salary range : RM11,800 – RM16,800