To develop and maintain resources, procedures and working environment that enables the Service Department in Singapore to reliably achieve its primary goals. These goals include:
1. To provide clients with service support to ensure a positive image for that will encourage new and repeated sales.
2. To meet the expectation of our suppliers (CSI and DQP ratings) to place our Service as the best service provider in the region.
3. To operate as efficiently and economically as possible while not neglecting customer service
4. To provide a safe and stable work place for all service staff through the creation and monitoring of Service SOPs.
1. To manage the daily operations of the Service Department to ensure that required work is completed to a high standard, at a profit and in an efficient manner within pre-agreed financial budgets.
2. To monitor the running costs of the Department and implement plans and financial budgets as part of the ongoing management of the Department.
3. To oversee the operation of service teams across the region monitoring the progress of their service work to ensure the smooth and effective functioning of these teams.
4. To assess and evaluate our existing practices across the region. Identify deficiencies and implement plans to enhance the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of our service.
5. To establish, implement and review standard operating procedures to standardise practices in dealing with suppliers and agents and to define the various activities carried out by technical staff in the course of their duties.
6. To implement and maintain health and safety standards to ensure compliance with the laws and regulations of the region.
7. To establish and maintain a customer service index system to ensure that any faults reported by clients are recorded properly and resolved efficiently and effectively.
8. To work in close collaboration with shipyards in addressing warranty claims, assessing reported fault or defect and administering warranty for clients.
9. To undertake other tasks and activities related to the business of the company as shall be reasonably requested or directed from time to time.
- Trade school training with certification in at least one of the following disciplines:
o Diesel Mechanics
o Electrics (AC & DC)
o Refrigeration / Air conditioning
o Shipyard engineer
- Broad understanding of the various systems on modern pleasure vessels, including mechanical and electrical systems, fresh, grey and black water systems, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, hydraulics etc.
- Good command of written and spoken English, including the ability to read and understand service manuals and wiring diagrams, to work with technical and service documentation and to act on emailed instructions from shipyards, suppliers and relevant parties
- Proficient in MS Office applications with excellent computer and internet skills
- At least Five (5) years of experience in customer service, preferably in the marine industry
- At least three (3) years of experience in managerial position with exceptional organisational and supervisory ability
- Leadership ability to coach team members on technical issues on board and deliver appropriate testing/analytical data and reliable technical assessments of any problems arising
- Culturally sensitive to local conditions abiding by the customs and standards of local community and maintain good relationships with clients, fellow staff and contractors
- Engaging and confident interpersonal and communication skills with people at all levels
- A passion for customer-focused service and a drive to succeed and be the best