Credit Manager – New York, NY
We are searching for a Credit Controller who will have responsibility for activities collecting payments, investigating delinquent accounts, analyzing account performance, and other activities including investigating bankruptcies and other collection matters.
Perform Customer worthiness analysis for each client
Monitor and ensure timely collection
Review and maintain the collection profile
Progress & follow up of the dispute process
Monitor customer behavior and reactions related to dunning and dispute management
Follow up of individual and total credit exposure
Gather, analyse and store external or credit information on the central location (IDM)
Communicate and follow up of completion of the CWA results
Start and communicate necessary credit actions to stake holders.
Follow up completion of the credit actions.Recommend any changes in credit control mapping to improve efficiency
- University degree in accounting or related field
- 2-5 years industrial client credit experience preferred
- International ocean transportation experience preferred
- A CFA is preferred but not required
- Ability to clearly communicate both written and verbally with internal and external clients.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills