Crewing Coordinator - Tampa
The Crewing Coordinator is directly responsible to the Marine Personnel Manager.
- Communicate with vessels to identify crew change requirements and ETA’s.
- Manage Vessel Daily Crew Change Sheet
- Arrange air travel, ground transportation and overnight accommodations, as needed for crew members going to and departing from vessels on regularly scheduled/unscheduled crew changes.
- Verify travel vendor, cost and vessel/crew member for Accounting Department.
- Update and assure current crew roster is correct.
- Provide travel itineraries to vessel crew members going to and departing from vessels.
- Communicate crew change information with facility security personnel, the operations manager and dispatch as needed to assure access to vessel through third party docks and fleets, etc.
- Coordinate unscheduled crew changes as necessary
- Update Master Crew List to assure proper crewing level
- Coordinate crew change exceptions with Port Captains, Dispatch, Training, Claims and Safety as necessary
- Manage “Leave of Absence” requests.
- Coordinate injured and/or ill crew members’ status with Benefits and Claims.
- Other tasks as appropriate and assigned by Department Manager or others in support of vessel crewing mission and company goals.
- Communicate with the Marine Personnel Manager on missed crew changes, no calls/no shows, disciplinary documentation, evaluations, transfers, leave of absence requests, etc
- Coordination and planning of the Captain’s and crew meetings and coordination of travel arrangements
- High School diploma or GED required; College preferred
- 2 years of crewing/dispatching experience in transportation or related field preferred
- Position requires ability to “on call” including nights and weekend.
- Familiarization with US Coast Guard licensure