A long-established and highly regarded family-owned international shipping company is looking for an experienced crewing operator to join their growing team in Cyprus to manage an assigned number of dry bulk vessels trading worldwide. They have a quality fleet that is young and predominantly Japanese-built.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation of crew rotation plans
- Recruiting and onboarding new crew
- Monitoring crew evaluations & performance and promotions for crew of assigned vessels
- Managing crew training and certification for assigned vessels
- Working with other crew operators across the fleet to ensure effective and efficient crewing activity
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- University educated OR sea-service as a deck officer on board dry bulk vessels
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a similar role
- Good all-round understanding of the crew management process
In return for the above you can expect good career development opportunities with an established shipowner undertaking rapid fleet expansion.