A long-established and highly regarded family-owned international shipping company is looking for an experienced crewing manager to join their growing team in Cyprus to manage an assigned number of dry bulk vessels trading worldwide. They have a quality fleet that is young and predominantly Japanese-built.
This is a terrific opportunity to join an established company with a global reach and diverse range of shipping activities.
The crewing manager will take responsibility for the following:
- Ensure safe manning of vessels
- Management of annual crew planning including budgeting
- Through your team of crew officers manage the crew certification, crew performance appraisal, and training.
- Ensure that the crewing department is informed as regards all relevant national and international regulations on crewing, including flag rules, union and ILO agreements.
You should possess the following skills/experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline i.e. HR/Ship Management/Business Management
- A minimum of 5 years experience in ship management, ideally crew management.
- An excellent knowledge of international manning rules and regulations
In return for the above you can expect good career development opportunities with an established shipowner undertaking rapid fleet expansion.