An exceptional opportunity has arisen to work with an international shipping organisation who is looking for an experienced Crewing Manager to join their team in either the UK or Singapore.
This is both an exciting and challenging opportunity to be part of an established organisation in a managerial position. In this position you will oversee the resourcing team that provides the crewing services for company owned and managed assets and projects.
The role will be responsible for a wide spectrum of crewing tasks including but not limited to:
- Ensuring that all vessels and projects are manned in line with the appropriate manning levels or manning requests
- Developing and delivering an effective personnel plan that supports changes in supply and demand including making proposals for reconciliation of shortfalls and surpluses
- Managing third party suppliers of personnel to deliver a co-ordinated solution to manning requirements including the effective execution of the commercial contract with these suppliers
- Preparation of monthly reports and KPI’s
- Ensure that third party employment companies comply with all necessary legislation and taxation regulations – specifically by ensuring that agreed operating procedures are adhered to
- Prepare cost information for business planning purposes and maintain an overview of costs, including applicable budgets
- Responsible for the effective line and performance management of all direct reports, as well as their motivation and development
Suitable candidates will have served in a similar managerial role, ideally in the offshore sector. Candidates from other sectors will also be considered. You must as well possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to form effective working relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds and seniority level.