An opportunity to work for a large international oil company, as a Demurrage Analyst you will be involved with;
- Contract demurrage, issuing and negotiating settlements and recover receivable contract demurrage claims within time bar deadlines. Defend and negotiate contract demurrage claims payable.
- Charter party demurrage, receive, analyse and settle charter party demurrage and other claims.
- Co-operate closely with all other departments, advising on terms relating to lay time and demurrage to reduce the company’s exposure at source in contract terms.
- Maintain updated demurrage reports. Review and coordinate closely with trading/ shipping departments to identify and recommend changes to process and or operations which would assist the company and to reduce financial exposure and make efficiencies.
- Maintain accurate database entries of all payable and receivable claims. Ensure that accuracy and completeness of demurrage P&L data is entered and maintained into ‘IMOS’ software.
- Prepare and present financial monthly report for line management, content to include refinery monthly reports identifying root cause analysis and time line report.
To be a suitable candidate for this position, you should have a strong background dealing with demurrage and claims within the oil and gas industry. In addition you should be a strong team player with a good attention to detail and accuracy with solid negotiation and claims management skills.