The Demurrage department provides a professional oil and freight demurrage support to the various business desks, which includes, receiving and negotiating incoming demurrage, deviation, and detention cost claims from vessel owners, and third parties. Recovering demurrage costs from suppliers and receivers. Calculating and recovering demurrage as owners on group tonnage for the freight book.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum 8 years of related work experience.
- Managing Demurrage in a Trading setting.
- Shipping and Trading experience with ability to demonstrate commercial acumen is required; and a background in demurrage operations is required.
- Skill in Charter party analysis with demonstrated comprehension of interpretations of Charter Party clauses preferred.
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills.
- Cross functional knowledge of Shipping Contracts & Operations and Freight & Trading Businesses preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with confidence to communicate and influence others.
- Excellent negotiation skills both written and oral.
- Ability to work proactively under pressure and to tight deadlines, quickly and accurately.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize with strong time management skills.
- Ability to effectively integrate into new teams and manage internal and external stake holders.
- Evidence of skills in advocacy and being an agent of change, with the ability to identify new opportunities and drive new processes and more effective ways of working.