Our client is an international ship manager, looking to recruit an experienced QSHE professional for their team in Singapore.
You will be supporting the existing QSHE Manager, and serving the company as the Deputy DPA.
With a small team of officers, you will be responsible for the following areas:
- Ensuring that the processes needed for the Company’s Management System are established, implemented and maintained in compliance with customer requirements, applicable international and national rules and regulations, the ISM Code, the ISO 9001, the ISO 14001, the ISO 50001, and the ISO 18001;
- Planning and conducting office and vessel internal audits, ensuring that each department / vessel operates to the standard set by the Company and to the standard expected of the Company by the customers;
- Liaising with those on board ships and any external parties on matters relating to Quality, Safety, Health, Environmental Protection and Energy Efficiency and any other new policies;
- Ensuring the promotion of awareness for customer requirements throughout the Company;
- Performing regular and incidental marine visits, providing reports upon their completion and ensuring that any issues which do not fully comply with industry regulations and recommendations are dealt with;
- Monitoring, reviewing and communicating new national and international rules and regulations applicable to the activities and services of the Company ensuring full compliance with the requirements of the customers and good industry practices;
- Maintaining and improving the TMSA rating relevant to the departmental responsibilities and activities;
- Managing a vetting service including arranging vetting and customers inspections, communicating with customers regarding those inspections and maintaining databases;
- Ensuring company compliance with the ISM and ISPS Code.
To be considered for this role, it is essential that you have sea-faring experience as Master on-board tankers, with at least 3 year of relevant experience ashore in a ship management set-up. Experience dealing with Oil Major is highly preferable.
Only candidates residing in Singapore will be considered for this role.