Summary: Responsible for repair, installation, adjustment or maintaining Diesel Engine equipment. This includes but is not limited to OEM equipment, third party equipment, two stroke engines, four stroke engines, turbochargers, fuel injection valves and all associated mechanical auxiliary equipment. Leading shop or field crew when required.
Key Job Responsibilities:
•Disassemble machinery and equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
•Repair and replace broken or malfunctioning components of machinery and equipment.
•Repair and maintain the operating condition of power generation, industrial production and processing machinery and equipment.
•Examine parts for defects such as breakage and excessive wear.
•Reassemble equipment after completion of inspections, testing, or repairs.
•Observe and test the operation of machinery and equipment in order to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters and other testing devices.
•Operate newly repaired machinery and equipment to verify the adequacy of repairs.
•Clean, lubricate, and adjust parts, equipment, and machinery.
•Analyze test results obtained from operators in order to diagnose equipment problems.
•Record repairs and maintenance performed.
•Inspect, operate, and test completed products to verify functioning, machine capabilities, and conformance to customer specifications.
•Position and align components for assembly, manually or using hoists.
•Set and verify parts clearances.
•Rework, repair, and replace damaged parts or assemblies.
•Read and interpret assembly blueprints and specifications manuals, and plan assembly or building operations.
•Maintain and lubricate parts and components.
•Verify conformance of parts to stock lists and blueprints, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauges, and micrometers.
•Fasten and install components, parts, fixtures, or wiring and electrical components to form assemblies or sub-assemblies, using hand tools, rivet guns, and welding equipment.
•Remove rough spots, and smooth surfaces to fit, trim, or clean parts, using hand tools and power tools.
•Drive forklifts safely in order to maneuver parts or equipment as needed.
•Operate overhead and jib cranes safely to maneuver parts or equipment as needed.
•Skills to operate Manual shop Machine tools like lathes, milling machines and honing machines
•Skills on SMAW welding
•Perform other duties as assigned.
Associate’s Degree from a 2-year college in a Mechanical field is preferred but not required. High school diploma or equivalent with four to six years related experience and/or training.
Solid knowledge and use of precision measuring tools, Materials and Safety, Job Planning, Rotating Equipment Mechanical Experience with disassembling and reassembling complex assemblies as the project lead, understand equipment operational requirements, training in crane and rigging and heavy lift procedures.
Diesel Mechanic should be proficient in the following: Solid knowledge and use of precision measuring tools, Materials and Safety, Job Planning, internal combustion Equipment Mechanical Experience with disassembling and reassembling complex assemblies as the project lead for multiple types of diesel engines , understand equipment operational requirements, training in crane and rigging and heavy lift procedures.
• Strong mechanical and process oriented aptitude to be able to work on Diesel engines equipment including but not limited two and four stroke engines, turbochargers and fuel injection valves
• Knowledge of electrical and digital systems is preferred.
• Ability to read and understand drawings, technical documentation, blueprints, layouts
• Possess a sufficient quantity of professional hand tools to adequately perform daily assignments.
• Solid experience in drafting field and shop services reports.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak and write in English is required. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to adopt and live up to the company’s Core Values of being Reliable, Open, Innovative and Dynamic.
• Crew leadership skills
Physical Requirements: The majority of the time of this position requires being in one place for several hours to hold and maneuvering parts and/or equipment, and reaching to maneuver parts and/or equipment. Accessing platforms to handle or maneuver parts and/or equipment. This position mostly uses close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less). Able to lift 50 pounds. May be required to assist with other jobs which would involve accessing and working in small spaces. May be required to work in adverse working environment including but not limited to intense heat, cold, windy, dusty and dirty conditions. This position also deals with loud noise (grinders, drills, hammers, etc.).
• Team Oriented. Creates productive relationships and works with leadership team to achieve common goals.
• Strong planning and organization skills to make effective use of resources.
• Calm demeanor - able to manage stressful situations, diffuse issues.
• Coaching and teaching skills - train other employees in order to increase their knowledge and capabilities.
• Excellent process orientated problem solving skills with ability to coach others in systematic problem solving.
• Extremely focused on quality outcomes. Able to deliver quality results and coordinate the services on a timely basis.
• Contribute to the team to understand the importance of safety and quality reasoning and ensure 100% compliance with testing the solutions.
• Creates strong awareness of quality and safety, using practical examples to illustrate why a small error in craftsmanship or while running the equipment can lead to a catastrophic accident in the shop or at the customers site.
• All employees share the responsibility for encouraging a proactive safety culture through demonstration of being a positive role model, proper safety behaviors and safe work practices.